About Our President by Executive Oasis International
Meet Our Founder & President
Anne Thornley-Brown, MBA, President of Executive Oasis International, is a professional team building facilitator, keynote speaker, meeting facilitator, writer, and professional blogger.
Anne has designed and facilitated strategy sessions, executive retreats, business team building simulations, team building retreats, meetings, and workshops for executives, managers, and professionals.
In 1996, Anne launched her company in Toronto to help organizations foster innovation and improve team effectiveness.
Anne has shaped the vision for Executive Oasis International. Little did she know that it would take her around the world. Where does she get her inspiration? This profile summarizes her journey.
We specialize in bespoke face-to-face and virtual team building and executive retreats, custom-crafted to achieve your organization’s specific objectives.
Choose Your Oasis
Before starting her own business, Anne shaped the management development strategy at 2 major Canadian corporations, Bell Mobility and VIA Rail Canada (TMC). She spearheaded management development, OD, and organizational change initiatives.
Anne speaks English, French, and some Spanish.
Anne has extensive business experience in a variety of industries including banking, wireless communications, high technology, transportation, the non profit sector, and film and television.
- President, Executive Oasis International – re-branding in 2003
- President, The Training Oasis – launched in 1996
- Management Development Specialist, Bell Mobility
- Instructor, York University
- Management Trainer, VIA Rail Canada Inc.
- Commercial Account Manager, The Toronto-Dominion Bank
- Summer Flight Attendant, Air Canada
- 7 1/2 years in the non-profit sector
Anne has served on boards of directors for the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers (Toronto Chapter), CSTD (Toronto Chapter), and the MBA Women’s Association.
Anne has an M.B.A. from York University’s Schulich School of Business in Toronto, Canada.
Anne also has an MSW from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Her undergraduate degree is from McGill University.
A Personal Note
Born in Jamaica, Anne has lived and worked in 3 countries. Before embarking on a career in business, Anne was a professional counsellor and family theraptist in Jamaica and Toronto. Anne is the co-author of the book West Indians in Toronto: Implications for Helping professionals.
Anne has travelled to 24 countries on 4 continents. In addition to the countries, where she has done business, Anne has also travelled to Japan, England, Belgium, France, Germany, Antigua, Bermuda, and The Bahamas.
In addition to travel, Anne’s interests and hobbies include horse riding, photography, and genealogy.
From Anne’s Writing Desk
Anne has traced her family tree to 1792 in Africa, 1718 in Jamaica, 1613 in England, and 1064 in Scotland. She discovered that Bram Stoker is her 2nd cousin 3x removed.
Inspired by these discoveries, Anne has written:
- 55 Beeston Street, pilot for a 3 season Limited Series
- A Chesterfield Caress, historical romance novel
- Kathyrn & Kevin, a romantic screenplay
- Back a Yard, a screenplay
After spending so much time cooped up at home, plenty of people already have more than a touch of cabin fever. Time spent on the mountain seems like a good way to dispel it. Safe, too—it is an outdoor activity, after all.Wall Street Journal
What our Clients Say About Us
Anne has had the pleasure of working with corporate clients from 19 countries. She has travelled to 14 countries to serve them.
Anne has toured Asia 18 times and facilitated workshops for over 2000 executives and managers. Petronas, Malaysian Airlines, Samsung, Digi, Mobil/Exxon, and Dell Computers are among the organizations that have sent delegates to her sessions in Asia.
She stays for a few extra days to explore each destination and discover new ideas to bring back and design meaningful experiences for clients.
- Group Owner, International Team Building Network for Executives, members from 30+ countries
- Group Owner, B2B Bloggers Network
- Group Owner, Bell Mobility Alumni Group
- Group Owner, Event Planners Network Canada – Réseau des planificateurs d’événements au Canada
- Group Owner, Caribbean Event Planners Network
- Group Owner, Global Networking and Professional Development
- Group Manager, Event Planning & Management Group, Growth from 4,000 – 350,000+ Members (2008 – 2017)
Virtual Community Leadership
- After just 3 weeks of being active on the platform, Anne was granted the distinction of being appointed as a beBee Brand Ambassador
- Right out of the gate, when the Inrtenet was in it’s infacy, Anne was a community leader for Geocities.