Blogs for Clients, Event Planning & Destination Blogs
Since 2008, Anne Thornley-Brown, MBA, President, Executive Oasis International has created engaging content for our company blogs and a number of major Internet portals.
Anne Thornley-Brown, M.B.A., Blogger & Our President
Anne Thornley-Brown, President of Executive Oasis International, is a professional team building and meeting facilitator, OD specialist, keynote speaker, and well respected blogger.
Anne Thornley-Brown has an M.B.A. from York University's Schulich School of Business in Toronto, Canada. To create compelling blog posts, Anne draws on her business experience serving corporate clients from 18 countries and her travel to 24 countries.
Anne is avaialbe to custom craft blog posts for your organization. Anne has written numerous blog posts about improving the effectiveness of meetings, conferences, and corporate events. Anne has profiled hot destinations, revealed what's hot in team building and corporate events, and explored meeting challenges and solutions.
Summary of Blogging Experience: Anne has assumed personal responsibility for the Executive Oasis International blog portfolio since it was unveiled in 2008. (She launched Spice of the Month: Accelerated Learning, her first ezine, for our sister company in 1997. Ezines eventually evolved into blogs.)
Anne's blog posts were so well received that she soon started receiving guest blogging invitations from editors. For example, she was part of the Cvent blogging team for 4 1/2 years. Huffington Post approached her after reading some of her work. Anne has guest blogged for a number of portals including Plan Your Meetings by MPI, Event Manager Blog, EventMobi Blog, Meetings.net, Liz King Events, Elite Meetings, and Event Coup.
- Team Building and R.O.I for Executives E-book
- Video Gallery
- Contact Information
- Where to Find us on Social Media
- Photo Gallery
- Where You May Have Heard us
Blogs for Clients
Focus: Plan Your Meetings is a branch of the world's largest association for meeting professionals - Meeting Professionals International. The majority of meetings in the corporate world are planned by non-titled event planners like executive assistants. Plan your Meetings offers advice, how-to guides, and best practices from veteran event and meeting planners.
- 8 tips for designing great guerrilla marketing events
- 6 approaches to viral marketing for planners
- 10 tips for creating interactive hybrid events
- 5 fabulous ways to use drones in the event industry
- Virtual reality for events: Who is using it?
- Soft targets: 8 steps to protect participants
- Alcohol at events & Duty of Care
- 6 event planning mistakes that will destroy your budget
- Breathing new life into popular Christmas event themes
- 6 B2B social media marketing tips for eventprofs
- RFP ethics: 7 land mines to avoid
Focus: Event Manager Blog has become the go-to online resource for trends, technology, and Innovation for the event industry. Event Manager Blog issues annual editions of a number of popular e-books including the Event App Bible, The Good Event Good Event Registration Guide, and Social Media for Events.
In addition to writing blog posts for Event Manager Blog, Anne has also worked on e-books including The Event App Bible and Social Media for Events.
- Toronto Event Planning: 9 Tips for a Destination for All Seasons
- Jamaica in a Different Fashion - 8 Experiences to Spice Up Your Events
- Dubai Events: 11 Tips and Take-aways
- Malaysia: A Diverse Multicultural Landscape for Events
- 10 Reasons To Plan Your Next Event in Anaheim (Uncredited)
Focus: The EventMobi event app platform worldwide reaches thousands of event planners and millions of attendees in over 40 countries. The EventMobi team is on a mission to change the way attendees engage at live events.
- 7 Superb Toronto Attractions for Event Planners to Take in
- Organizing Pop-up Meetings & Events: 4 Keys to Success
- Virtual Reality: 7 Ways for Meeting Planners to Catch the Next Event Tech Wave
- 7 Surefire Strategies for Selling Through Event Technology to your Executives
- The R.O.I. Hole in Corporate Meeting & Event Planning
- Event Security: How Technology can Help Event Professionals Manage Risk
- 8 Keys to Integrating Emerging Technology into Events
- Building a Strong Events Team From the Ground up
- What makes a Marketing Event Successful?
- Outdoor Event Planning: 8 Practical Considerations
- 6 Ways to Use Videos for Event Marketing
Focus: Cvent offers event app. and software solutions to event planners and an integrated platform for hoteliers. Cvent has over 28,000 customers in 100 countries.
The editor of Cvent Event Blog was so impressed by Anne's destination profiles and innovative team building and corporate event blog posts that she invited Anne to join the Cvent blogging team in May, 2011, Anne is the only team building facilitator and event planner in the world that wrote blogs for Cvent 5 days a week for 4 1/2 years. She has also written a number of Destination Guides for the Cvent Supplier Network
- 12 Strategies to Increase Attendee Engagement
- Business Meetings 411: Building Better Breakouts
- Event Budgeting: 9 More Tips for Avoiding Sticker Shock
- 10 Tips for Designing Gala Events That Sparkle
- Arianna Huffington Advises Event Planners to Disconnect to Re-connect
- Social Media Photo Sharing: Flickr vs Instagram
- 9 Meeting Planning Mistakes to Avoid
- 2016 Hot Event Industry Trends
- 2015 Fall Colors, Cuisine and Decor for Events
- Hot 2015 Food and Beverage Trends
Revised and Updated:
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Revised & Updated it)
Focus: Elite Meetings International, a hospitality marketing company, helps meeting planners find hotels and resorts for their meetings, events, and trade shows through its proprietary RFP tool.
- 6 Ways to Use Go Pro at Events
- Jamaica's Fabulous Eco Tourism Experiences
- Montreal: 5 Wonderful Winter Festivals
- Outdoor Meetings: Some Practical Considerations
- Meetings.net: 5 Hot Culinary Trends for 2017
- Incentive Mag: Should Companies Cancel Incentive Travel During a Recession