Team Building Blogs & E-books
Team Building Blogs & E-books
Since 2008, Anne Thornley-Brown, MBA, President, Executive Oasis International has created engaging content for our company blogs.
Anne Thornley-Brown, M.B.A., Blogger & Our President
Anne Thornley-Brown, President of Executive Oasis International, is a professional team building and meeting facilitator, OD specialist, keynote speaker, and well respected blogger.
Anne Thornley-Brown has an M.B.A. from York University's Schulich School of Business in Toronto, Canada. To create compelling blog posts, Anne draws on her business experience serving corporate clients from 18 countries and her travel to 24 countries.
Anne Thornley-Brown has extensive business experience in a variety of industries including banking, wireless communications, high technology, transportation, the non profit sector, and film and television.
Anne focuses on strategies to spearhead organizational change, improve team building effectiveness, and boost the R.O.I. of corporate team building, and executive retreats.
- Team Building and R.O.I for Executives E-book
- Video Gallery
- Contact Information
- Where to Find us on Social Media
- Photo Gallery
- Where You May Have Heard us
Blogs for Clients
Team Building, Innovation and R.O.I.: An Executive's Guide to Boosting R.O.I. (PDF)
Team building is one of the most effective tools that executives have at their disposal to fuel corporate success. Yet, it is often underutilized and lacking in focus. By understanding the complex nature of team building and the subtle choices that influence success, executives can unleash the power of team building to boost bottom line results.
The global geo-political is undergoing massive transformation.Uncertainty is causing many companies to curtail spending on consultants, facilitators and team building. Off-sites have become rare. Yet, foolishness and folly are taking over the corporate agenda....the more outlandish the better. Everything from axe throwing to smashing objects in rage rooms to mud obstacle courses have become the order of the day. Some of these pose a risk of serious injury....and a lawsuit!
Team Building, Innovation, and R.O.I.: An Executive's Guide to Boosting the Bottom Line is a call for a return to sanity in team building. This 55 page e-book is designed to stimulate discussion and an exploration of how team building can, once again, be used by executives as a vehicle for boosting the bottom line. You'll walk away with tips, tools and proven strategies to improve the effectiveness of team building and executive retreats.
The strategies and tips that I have included are based on the missteps that I have observed companies make over and over again during the past 20+ years.
- the steps involved in measuring team building R.O.I.
- the main ingredients for designing effective team
- the keys to planning effective team building
- pitfalls to avoid
Please click on the "View Cart" button to check out at our secure server powered by Pay Pal, an Ebay company:
Anne Thornley-Brown has created a very thorough review of the issues that should be considered to make best use of the time allotted by the company and employees to achieve particular company/team goals. Most company success comes from the direction and vision at the top. There is no better place to set the direction, seize a particular "opportunity" and demonstrate the talk you walk and that you walk the talk. Congratulations on your success in the niche you have carved out. Good luck with the e-book.Robert F. Latham,
Board Member, BSM Wireless
Chairman of the Board, Datacom Wireless
Group VP, A/President, Bell Business Solutions, Bell Ontario
Former President and CEO, Bell Cellular
Executive Oasis International has an active and strong social media presence. Our President has managed a number of virtual communities.
6,600 connections and growing
- Group Owner, International Team Building Network for Executives,
Members from 30+ countries
- Group Manager, Event Planning & Management Group, 2008 - 2017,
Grew from 4,000 members in 2008 to 350,000+ members in 2017
- Group Owner, Executive Team Building Network
- Group Owner, B2B Bloggers and Vloggers Network
- @executiveoasis 8700+ Followers
Focus: Anne launched this blog due to concerns about companies substituting recreational activities and extreme activities for "real" team building and eroding the credibility of the industry.
Anne shares tips and strategies for boosting the impact of team building without shying away from exploring team building pitfalls.
- Advanced Team Building Challenges: Setting Boundaries for Bullies and Other Tyrants at Work and On-line
- 10 Team Building Trends for 2017
- What Does "Real" Team Building Look Like?
- Team Building: 12 Ways Executives are Missing the Mark
- Does team building have to involve competition to be effective?
- Team Building is not a Half Day Event
- 5 Tips for Making Team Building Affordable for Small Teams
- Pop-Up Events: A Hot Team Building and Marketing Trend
Focus: This blog has a personal touch. Anne started it to capture her experiences and photos from around the world. Her travel to 24 countries so far have definitely shaped her approach to team building and corporate event planning. Anne invites readers to follow her journey and pick up ideas for destinations to host executive retreats.
- Team Building: Destination and Activity Quick Guide
- 5 Destinations Catering to Corporate Teams with Diverse Interests
- International Event Planning Tools and Tips
- Germany: Back to Bacharach - A Personal Pictorial Journey
- Jamaica Join me for a Mental Vacation
Focus: Personal views on a range of topics from team building to travel and the arts.
- B2B Social Media Marketing: What's the Real Deal?
- Is Corporate Team Building a Waste of Time?
- Who Loses When Organizations Overspend on Team Recreation?
- Does Racial Stereotyping Undermine Team Building?
Focus: Executive Team Building and Social Media.
- Toronto Team Building: 7 Compelling Reasons the GTA Should be Your Go-to Destination
- 2 Hour Team Building: What's up with that?
- Corporate Culture Lessons from Star Trek: Why teams should avoid the "hive" mind?
- Avoiding Groupthink: Coming up with Better Team Decisions
- Virtual Reality: Who is using it for events?
Focus: Team Building Best Practics.
- Can Team Building Boost Bottom Line Results?
- Team Building for Times of Uncertainty
- How Team Building Facilitators can Help Executives Achieve Bottom Line Results
- Team Building: Near Record Profit Warnings Signal Need to Re-boot
- Corporate Events: Hidden Benefits of Recreational Events for Corporate Teams
Anne Thornley-Brown, our owner, has been interviewed by various media outlets. Here are a few examples. If you missed them you can tune in:
NPR, July, 2014:
Blogtalkradio, November, 2013:
Blogtalkradio, May, 2010:
CBC Radio 1's "The House", December, 2008
- How Team Building Can Help the House of Commons
You can hear Anne around the 30:00 remark, right after Prime Minister Harper's comments about trust building