Cooking Team Building: Restaurant Inc. by Executive Oasis International, Toronto
The Importance of Innovation
According to Entrepreneur Magazine, “60% of restaurants fail, within the first year”. Restaurant owners that succeed and go on to achieve celebrity status must know as much about business, branding. and marketing as they know about cooking. That is the premise behind Restaurant Inc., our powerful business simulation that incorporate cooking, business, and marketing challenges.
Executive Oasis International is a management consulting firm that specializes in facilitated business team building simulations that foster innovation. We introduced outdoor cooking challenges into our survival business simulations over a decade ago. We team up with professional chefs around the world to offer cooking team building with culinary challenges.
Choose Your Oasis
- Length: 1 – 1 1/2 Days
- Available: All Year
- Group Size: 6 – 100+
- Pricing: Varies with group size & location
- Locations: Canada, USA, Europe, Jamaica, Japan, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Oman.
Available as a stand-alone in Ontario and as an upgrade to team building or executive retreats in other areas.
Inspired by “restaurant wars” on reality TV shows, this highly interactive cooking team building programme involves team members in:
- designing the theme and menus for a new restaurant.
- creating a marketing campaign including a TV commercial to promote it.
- shopping challenge (optional).
- decorating a table and, if you like, corner of the restaurant to reflect your theme.
- cooking signature dishes to reflect your theme.
- designing presentation plates for judging.
- relaxing and dining with colleagues over a full meal
Your team will have fun and pick up valuable insights about working together through a briefing, debriefing, and interactive keynote provided by a professional facilitator.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Available: All Year
To give your team the rewarding experience of giving back to the community, use cooking team building to prepare meals for Second Harvest, Meals on Wheels, or a similar charity.
Length: 6 hours – 1 Day
Group Size: Flexible
Available: All Year – Globally
- Project execution.
- Out of the Box Thinking
- Cross-cultural Understanding
- Break down silos.
- Reduce friction and “turf wars” between departments.
- Improves communication between geographically dispersed teams
- Increases level of comfort in a fast-paced environment
- Promote multi-cultural awareness.
- Help analytical and technical teams connect with their creativity.
Ideal for multi-cultural teams.
Gourmet Global is a new twist on cooking team building.
Each team leader selects a flag from a chef’s hat. All teams work with the same protein but the seasoning and preparation style will reflect the culture of the country selected. Carbohydrates will vary.
Teams will decorate a table to reflect a restaurant from the country selected. They will prepare a brief presentation about their country. Teams will be judged on their cooking, teamwork, and presentations.
During COVID-19, our cooking team building simulations can be conducted virtually or without the hands-on cooking components.
All participants must:
- wear masks and gloves
- wash their hands regularly
- social distance
A team of chefs or caterers will bring the team’s creations to life.
Given the market uncertainties, companies relying on conventional wisdom may discover that the world they knew and want to recreate is no longer there…the way in which leaders created plans and playbooks in the past may no longer be relevant…
World Economic Forum